Responsible procurement is key to our sustainable supply chain program, and it ensures our ability to reliably manufacture and deliver products that meet our customers’ needs. We view our suppliers as an extension of Chemours, and we are committed to working with those who share our commitment to operate responsibly and to add value for us and our customers.
Our 2021 Supply Chain Highlights
- Achieved our 2030 CRC goal ahead of schedule with 82% of suppliers completing our supplier corporate responsibility assessment (SCRA) evaluations and 15% showing an improvement in sustainability performance
- Earned gold certification from EcoVadis in 2022, representing the top 5% of assessed organizations
- Joined Together for Sustainability (TfS), a joint initiative and global network of 35+ chemical companies defining the global standard for environmental, social, and governance (ESG) performance of chemical supply chains. The program is based on the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC) and Responsible Care® principles
- Translated our Supplier Code of Conduct into Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, and Spanish, to better support our suppliers around the world
- Determined that our assessed suppliers held an average environmental score of 54%—above the EcoVadis benchmark of 44%—with 54% having established environmental reporting and 43% enjoying ISO 14001 certification at one or more operational site
Building a More Sustainable Supply Chain
With an extensive network of over 10,000 suppliers spanning more than 120 countries, our supplier network is an essential component of the responsible chemistry we produce. We measure supplier sustainability performance through our supplier corporate responsibility assessment, conducted in partnership with EcoVadis. We evaluate across four ESG categories: ethical business practices, social performance, environmental performance, and sustainable supply chain. At the end of the assessment, the supplier receives a scorecard with recommended opportunities to improve their ESG performance.
During 2021, we established a baseline for the sustainability performance of 80% of our suppliers with the highest spend. By the end of the year, we had achieved our 2030 CRC Sustainable Supply Chain goal. While we are proud of reaching our 2030 target ahead of schedule, we understand that there is much more we can do to influence and support our suppliers in their own sustainability journeys. We will continue to evaluate progress, set targets, and design programs in support of cascading sustainable practices throughout our supply chain.