Chemours Washington Works—the company's largest fluoroproducts manufacturing site—is located on 1,250 company-owned acres in Wood County, West Virginia, approximately seven miles south of Parkersburg. The site and the town are named for George Washington who originally received the land as part of a 1772 military land grant and who first surveyed the area.
The products produced at Chemours Washington Works enable the continued safety and growth of the construction, semiconductor, automotive, aerospace, and household goods industries, among others. Those products include:
- Capstone™ repellents
- Teflon™ FEP, PFA, and PTFE resins
- Teflon™ industrial and nonstick coatings
- TFE and HFP monomers
Our Washington Works manufacturing operation occupies 172 acres of the site, while a portion of the remainder is preserved as a Wildlife Habitat Council certified location for both the Wildlife at Work and the Corporate Lands for Learning programs. In addition to the nature trail which is open to the public, the site is home to many native fauna and flora species including osprey, eastern bluebird, white-tail deer, native grasses and the nearly-extinct American chestnut tree.
Chemours also owns historic Blennerhassett Island where production water wells are located.
The company leases the upper one-third of the island to the State of West Virginia for $1 a year for use as a state park and community recreation area.