In response to COVID-19, Chemours is taking the following steps in regard to the off-site residential drinking water program being implemented under the Consent Order.
- Bottled water will continue to be delivered to eligible residents as scheduled, and supplemental water will be available at our plant site on Mondays from 2-6 p.m. and Saturdays 8-10 a.m. for eligible residents with barcoded letters. Voucher cards are also available for eligible residents who wish to purchase their own water in lieu of delivery through Chemours. Call 910-678-1101 for more information.
- Chemours has resumed residential well sampling as of June 1, 2020. Residents should call 910-678-1101 to determine well sampling eligibility and schedule well sampling.
- Chemours has also resumed RO and GAC installations as of June 22, 2020, and eligible residents should call 910-678-1101 to schedule installations.
- Maintenance of RO and GAC units will continue to be provided if necessary, as requested by the resident and with the resident's approval to be on the property or enter the premise.
- Quarterly sampling of GAC units will continue, after obtaining resident's approval to be on the property.
Chemours will supplement these steps as needed.
The Fayetteville Works manufacturing site is located on a 2,150-acre site in southeast North Carolina, near the Bladen and Cumberland county line, of which approximately 400 acres is developed. Two other chemical manufacturing operations are located on the site, and together, we employ more than 550 people from the surrounding community.
Through the efforts of site employee volunteers, undeveloped areas of the site are home to many native North Carolina grasses, wildflowers and wildlife species, including deer, wild turkey, squirrels, rabbits and many more.
About Our Products
Chemours enables products that are critical to modern life. Our materials make aerospace and automobile travel safer, more affordable, and more environmentally friendly. The materials produced at Fayetteville Works are critical to the state’s and the nation’s economy. Every airplane, automobile, cell phone and other communication device requires fluoropolymers. We provide various components of renewable energy installations and materials that help lower energy consumption and foster environmental safety in the chemical and power sectors.
The rising global population, set to reach 10 billion by 2050, is driving demand for electricity. At the same time, the need for a lower carbon future requires both improved energy efficiency and the development and adoption of new technologies. Nafion™ membranes, used in flow batteries energy storage, deliver efficient and effective energy storage which is critical to the global power supply and the broader energy infrastructure. Our customers use our ion exchange membranes to create chlorine and sodium hydroxide, which are used in wide-ranging applications including water sanitation and pharmaceutical manufacturing.
Safety and the Environment
Our Chemours staff is called to live our company values, among them is “Safety Obsession”. We are steadfast in our attention to safety, and we look out for our colleagues’ well-being as well as our own. As individuals, we strive to be role models for working safely, promoting wellness, and caring for our environment. We believe that protection of people and the environment is our most significant responsibility.
- We create and maintain safe work environments and ensure the stewardship of our products for their intended uses. This care extends to our employees, contractors, communities, customers, and all stakeholders.
- We integrate safety, health, and care for the environment into our business planning and operating practices, and we lead our industry in sustainability initiatives through our Corporate Responsibility Commitment.
- We understand our responsibility to follow company policies and governmental regulations that concern safety, personal protection, environmental compliance, and product stewardship. We expect the same from our business partners.
- We are committed to conducting our business in a manner that respects the rights and dignity of all people.
- We build relationships based on transparency and trust and continually uphold our community partnership. We believe strategic alliances with our communities play a significant role in achieving our Corporate Responsibility Commitment.
We believe this commitment to safety and sustainability ensures enduring success for ourselves, our company, our customers, and our stakeholders.
News and Press Releases
March 30, 2020
Chemours’ Thermal Oxidizer Destroying PFAS at Greater Than 99.99% Efficiency
December 27, 2019
Chemours Announces Thermal Oxidizer Startup
March 15, 2019
Chemours Receives Air Permit for Thermal Oxidizer Emissions Control Unit
November 21, 2018
The Chemours Company Reaches Agreement with North Carolina DEQ and Cape Fear River Watch
October 5, 2018
Result from August AMES Testing on Ten PFAS Substances
August 9, 2018
Chemours Files Carbon Absorption Beds Test Results for Air Emissions-Cover Letter
July 17, 2018
Chemours Offers Carbon Filtration Units to Owners of Impacted Wells
June 1, 2018
The Chemours Company to Host Community Information Session in North Carolina
May 29, 2018
The Chemours Company Completes Installation of Carbon Adsorption Units
May 9, 2018
The Chemours Company Takes Significant Action to Address Emissions in North Carolina