Chemours to Showcase its Latest Innovation in Refrigerant Technology, the Opteon™ XL Series, at the 2016 Chillventa International Exhibition
The Opteon™ XL Series will provide the refrigeration and air conditioning industry with very low GWP refrigerants that help further decrease CO2-equivalents to their lowest level in new equipment designs. Classified as mildly flammable (ASHRAE/ISO Class 2L), these XL products allow much higher charge sizes than other more flammable refrigerants and can be safely used when following the applicable codes and standards. Based on hydrofluoro-olefin (HFO) technology, they offer similar properties, and in many cases increased performance, compared to the current hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs) they are designed to replace. This combination of performance, safety and sustainability allows for the XL Series to offer the optimal balance of properties to help ensure that new equipment designs function at their highest levels.
The launch of the XL Series follows in the wake of
"The XP blends have gained broad market acceptance since their introduction in 2014, and
The Opteon™ XL Series is currently made up of five refrigerants: Opteon™ XL10, which replaces R-134a, Opteon™ XL20 and XL40, which replace R-22 and R-404A/507 and Opteon™ XL41 and XL55, which replace R-410A. Each refrigerant has its own unique properties and should be chosen based on the need and application.
- Opteon™ XL10 (R-1234yf) is the lowest GWP Opteon™ replacement for R-134a in new equipment designs. Opteon™ XL10 has a GWP <1 and offers similar performance when replacing R-134a in positive displacement, direct expansion medium temperature commercial and industrial applications.
- Opteon™ XL20 (R-454C) is the lowest GWP Opteon™ replacement for R-404A and R-407C in new equipment designs. Opteon™ XL20 offers similar performance when replacing R-404A and R-407C in positive displacement, direct expansion low- and medium temperature commercial and industrial applications. With a GWP of 146, Opteon™ XL20 falls under the 150-threshold value in the F-Gas regulation 517/2014 and Eco-design, thus being particularly suited for hermetically-sealed systems.
- Opteon™ XL40 (R-454A) is a lower GWP replacement for R-404A in new equipment designs, but with improved performance and higher cooling capacity. Opteon™ XL40 has a GWP of 238 and offers the optimal balance of properties when replacing R-404A in positive displacement, direct expansion low- and medium temperature commercial and industrial applications.
- Opteon™ XL41 (R-454B) is the lowest GWP Opteon™ replacement for R-410A in new equipment designs. Opteon™ XL41 has a GWP of 467 and is the preferred option when the lowest GWP is required to replace R-410A in positive displacement, direct expansion air conditioning, heat pump and chiller applications.
- Opteon™ XL55 (R-452B) is a low GWP replacement for R-410A in new equipment designs, but with improved performance, excellent design compatibility with R-410A equipment and lower 2L flammability properties. Opteon™ XL55 has a GWP of 676 and offers the optimal balance of performance, safety and design compatibility when replacing R-410A in positive displacement, direct expansion air conditioning, heat pump and chiller applications. Its combination of design compatibility and reduced compressor discharge temperature, as compared to other R-410A alternatives such as R-32, enables OEMs to transition their R-410A equipment platform with minimal re-design and capital expenditures.
All of the refrigerants in the Opteon™ XL Series are currently being tested by leading equipment manufacturers. Codes and standards such as EN378 are also being modified to include class 2L mildly flammable refrigerants. These codes and standards will enable lower GWP 2L refrigerants to be used safely across a wide range of applications.
The Opteon™ portfolio of fluorochemicals from
This press release contains forward-looking statements, which often may be identified by their use of words like "plans," "expects," "will," "believes," "intends," "estimates," "anticipates" or other words of similar meaning. These forward-looking statements address, among other things, our anticipated future operating and financial performance, business plans and prospects, transformation plans, resolution of environmental liabilities, litigation and other contingencies, plans to increase profitability, our ability to pay or the amount of any dividend, and target leverage that are subject to substantial risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are based on certain assumptions and expectations of future events which may not be realized. The matters discussed in these forward-looking statements also are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected, anticipated or implied in the forward-looking statements, as further described in our filings with the
Global Marketing Communications Consultant
Treasurer & Director of Investor Relations
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/chemours-expands-leading-low-global-warming-potential-refrigerants-portfolio-300342613.html