At Chemours we’re dedicated to building a safe, thriving, and connected culture of empowered individuals. That is how we will achieve responsible chemistry.
To encourage individual actions that can make a real difference in the world, we must first embrace the fact that all individuals are different. Meeting our commitment to responsible chemistry depends on our ability to create a vibrant workplace culture that attracts and retains the best and brightest in their fields to come work in our high-performance company. Our success also depends on creating an empowered workforce—one that exemplifies the power one person has to make a difference and inspire others to do the same. A workforce that holds a multiplicity of viewpoints, stems from a variety of backgrounds, and brings an abundance of different life experiences to work. We need our global workforce to reflect the viewpoints and diversity of the communities where we operate. That combination of excellence and diversity is essential to continuing our strong track record of uncovering and delivering the innovative solutions society needs.
We are proud to report that in 2019:
- We trained 100% of our employees on our employee Code of Conduct
- We were the recipient of the Hire Vets Gold Medal, a US Department of Labor initiative to promote military hiring
- We were certified as a Great Place to Work for the second year in a row
- We conducted 39 second-party safety audits at our global manufacturing sites
- We approved 5,417 employee volunteer service hours
- We received American Chemistry Council environmental, health, and safety awards for 12 of our sites