A New Generation of PFA Fluoropolymers and Components for Fluid Handling Systems
These pages tell the story of the development and evolution of the unique chemical and morphological structure of Teflon® PFA HP Plus, and the performance attributes that make this the polymer of choice for applications in Semiconductor Manufacturing.
Chemours in the Semicon Manufacturing Industry
The Chemours Company markets a diverse offering of products for semicon manufacturing, including:
- Zyron® electronic gases
- Teflon® finishes
- Vertrel® cleaning agents
- Teflon® fluoropolymers
- Kalrez® perfluoroelastomer parts
- Vespel® parts & shapes
- Syton® and Mazin® colloidal silica polishing agents
- Pyralin® liquid polyimides
- Kapton® films
- Krytox® lubricants
Information on these products can be obtained via our Web site. Teflon® PFA HP Plus is our newest generation of PFA fluoropolymers. Chemours manufacturers fluoropolymers in facilities in Japan, the Netherlands and the USA, selling them to customers who design and manufacture components for critical fluid handling applications.
The story of Teflon® PFA HP Plus is one of a continuing focus on serving the semiconductor industry with the purest and most reliable materials. As the industry's requirements have evolved, becoming ever more demanding, Chemours has led the development of improved generations of our Teflon® PFA fluoropolymers to meet these needs, including:
- Teflon® PTFE (1938), TFE polymerization
- Teflon® PFA (1973, perfluoroalkoxy structure
- Teflon® PFA EG (1986), less reactive ammonia end groups
- Teflon® PFA HP (1989), patented, fully fluorinated, low contamination potential
- Teflon® PFA 451 HP (1995), nucleated, smaller spherulites
- Teflon® PFA HP Plus (2000), patented, smallest spherulites, fluorosurfactant resistance and improved mechanical reliability.