Environmental Advantages of Teflon EcoElite™ Renewably Sourced Finish
Clear Performance Advantages
- Helped prevent the need to wash or spot clean because liquids beaded up and rolled off.
- Eliminated ring around the collar, reducing detergent use and repetitive washing.
- Removed stains at lower wash temperatures versus untreated fabrics.
- Allowed fabrics to dry 25 percent faster than untreated fabrics using either tumble dry or air dry.
Additional Consumer Environmental Benefits
- Clothes stay better looking longer so you can live, work, and play without worrying about your clothes
- Save money—clothes spend 40% less time in the dryer and can use 50% less hot water
- Using less energy and less resources, reducing your carbon footprint
- Extending the life of your clothing—so it stays out of landfills longer
The following information highlights benefit of the chemistry for Teflon EcoElite™:
- Regional regulatory authorities have reviewed finish and have given permission for its manufacture and use
- Final is non-fluorinated and has been recognized as a USDA Certified Biobased Product, 60% renewably sourced content of plant-based raw material
- Finish has been evaluated and approved for use by many leading Brands
- Finish is compliant with the ZDHC MRSL (Materials Restricted Substances List), AAFA RSL, and many Brand RSLs (Restricted Substances Lists)
- Finish was independently assessed and determined to be equivalent to a GreenScreen® Benchmark 3 chemical
- Finish has been assessed using the GHS Column Model. Our GHS Column Model assessment compared eleven commercially available non-fluorinated DWR products and our finish rated best
- The Chemours Company FC, LLC, is a bluesign® system partner and finish is bluesign® approved and listed in the bluesign® bluefinder under The Chemours Company