The EPA Administrator signed the Final HCFC Allocation Rule on October 16, 2014.
R-22 supply will be reduced 57% in 2015 to 22 million pounds, down from 51 million pounds in 2014. Beginning in 2016, there will be declining consumption allowances each year until zero consumption allowances starting in 2020.
Refer to the Final 2015-2019 HCFC Allocation Rule
Your recovered and installed base of refrigerant R-22 is an asset. Contact the Chemours Reclaim Manager to learn about options and proper handling of your R-22.
- Implement a Refrigerant Management Plan (RMP).
- Manage your installed R-22. Chemours has options for optimizing your recovered R-22: (1) re-use; (2) return for reclaim/reuse; or (3) return for BuyBack. When you no longer need R-22 to service your equipment, contact the Chemours Reclaim Manager to discuss options to monetize your asset.
- Stay up to date on regulatory activities including California ARBs Refrigerant Management Program that instituted new rules on March 1, 2014.
- Retrofit from R-22 to reduce cost for new equipment when your equipment has additional life to it. The Chemours leading no-oil-change R-22 alternative is ISCEON® MO99™ :
- Behaves the same as R-22
- Proven performance globally
- Easy switch from R-22
- Use the recovered R-22 for re-use, reclaim, get value to lower your overall retrofit cost
Chemours guarantees that all recovered refrigerant is handled in an environmentally responsible manner according to the EPA Reclaimer Certification Program under Section 608 of the Clean Air Act.
The new Security Shrink Sleeve, together with the Izon® security label, are efforts we are taking to combat counterfeit and illegal import activity.
» Brand Assurance Anti-Counterfeiting Initiative