Phaseout schedules for CFC and HCFC refrigerants were developed according to the Montreal Protocol Regulatory requirements. Compliance under Section 608 includes repairing leaks, recordkeeping, safe handling, recovery/reclamation, and safe disposal requirements.
Chemours, in partnership with EOS Climate, Inc., is working to obtain and responsibly destroy CFCs as part of the Refrigerant Revolution. Eligible refrigerants include: R-11, R-12, R-113, R-114, R-115, R-500, and R-502.
This program provides an opportunity to return CFCs to a distributor of refrigerants by Chemours as an expansion of the existing Chemours Reclaim Program. The CFCs will be responsibly handled and destroyed by an EPA authorized destruction company.
- Competitive BuyBack rates
- BuyBack is based on CFC type, quantity, purity, and calculated
at net weight*
- Streamlined process
- Recovery cylinders provided
- No disposal fee
- Freight pre-paid
- Certificate of Destruction and Environmental Metrics Certificate
Contact a Chemours Authorized Refrigerant Reclaim Center to get started.
* Net weight (typically 5%) after oil, water, residual, and other
refrigerant and/or contaminants have been removed.