» ISCEON® MO49Plus™ refrigerant in the United States
» ISCEON® refrigerants solutions in Europe
ISCEON® MO49Plus™ (R-437A) is an HFC retrofit refrigerant for R-12 in automotive air conditioning and stationary refrigeration systems, and for replacing HCFC-containing refrigerant blends (e.g., MP39, MP66, and R-409A) in stationary refrigeration systems. ISCEON® MO49Plus™ is compatible with traditional and new lubricants; in most cases no change of lubricant during retrofit is required.
ISCEON® MO49Plus™ is not recommended for use in centrifugal compressor systems or for chillers with flooded evaporators or low pressure receivers.
Note: ISCEON® MO49Plus™ is not available for automotive air-conditioning in the U.S.
» ISCEON® MO49Plus™ Case Histories
R-437A; A1 Safety Classification.
ISCEON® MO49Plus™ has an ASHRAE safety classification of A1 and is non-flammable as formulated and under leakage scenarios as specified in ASHRAE Standard 34-2007. Refer to the Safety of Refrigerants bulletin and the Safety Data sheet for details.
ISCEON® MO49Plus™ replaces R-12, HCFC-containing blends (e.g., MP39, MP66, and R-409A), and ISCEON® MO49 (R-413A).
- Automotive AC systems designed for R-12
- Refrigeration systems designed for R-12, including:
- Food service
- Supermarket display cases
- Food storage and processing
- Domestic refrigerators/freezers
- Provides cost-effective retrofits
- Replaces R-12 and HCFC-containing blends, such as MP39, MP66,
- Replaces ISCEON® MO49 (R-413A)
- Non-ozone-depleting HFC retrofit refrigerant
- Not subject to phaseout under the Montreal Protocol
- Compatible with traditional lubricants
- In most cases, no change of lubricant type is needed
- Enables continued use of existing equipment
- Provides similar to slightly lower efficiency vs. R-12
- Provides lower discharge temperature vs. R-12
ISCEON® MO49Plus™ is a non-ozone-depleting substance (ODS) and, therefore, is not subject to phaseout under the Montreal Protocol regulations.
In automotive air-conditioning and stationary refrigeration systems, ISCEON® MO49Plus™ is compatible with traditional and new lubricants. In most cases, no change of lubricant type during retrofit is needed. Refer to the ISCEON® MO49Plus™ Retrofit Guidelines (for Stationary Refrigeration or Automotive AC) for details.