Freon™ MO79 is one of the leading non-ozone-depleting HFC refrigerants for replacing R-502 and R-402, R-403,
and R-408 series HCFC-containing blends in commercial and industrial direct expansion refrigeration systems.
» Freon™ MO79 Case Histories
R-22, R-502, HCFC-containing blends
Best suited as a replacement for: R-502, R-402, R-403, and R-408 series blends. Also R-22 in certain low-temperature applications.
- Provides efficient and cost-effective retrofits—easier retrofit than R-404A and R-507
- Non-ozone-depleting HFC retrofit refrigerant
- Compatible with traditional lubricants. In most cases, no change of lubricant type during retrofit is required.
- Enables continued use of existing equipment
- 20% lower Global Warming Potential (GWP) vs. R-404A and R-507
- Provides improved cooling capacity over R-22 at many operating conditions with up to +15% at low-temperature conditions
- Provides comparable cooling capacity to R-404A and R-507
- Field testing shows it can provide improved energy efficiency vs. R-22
- Lower discharge temperature vs. R-22-likely to prolong the life of the compressor
Freon MO79 is compatible with traditional and new lubricants, including mineral oil, alkylbenzene, and polyol ester. In most cases, no change of lubricant type during retrofit is needed. Refer to the ISCEON™ MO79 Retrofit Guidelines for details.