Freon™ MO49Plus™ is a cost-effective, non-ozone-depleting HFC retrofit refrigerant for R-12 automotive and stationary air conditioning in direct expansion.
R-12, R-413A, HCFC-containing blends (e.g. MP39, MP66, R-409A)
- Automotive AC systems designed for R-12
- Refrigeration systems designed for R-12, including:
supermarket display cases
food storage and processing
- Provides cost-effective retrofits
- Non-ozone-depleting HFC retrofit refrigerant
- Compatible with traditional lubricants - In most cases, no change of lubricant type is needed
- Enables continued use of existing equipment
- ASHRAE safety classification of A1 (refer to AS-1 bulletin and MSDS)
- Provides up to 10% better cooling capacity vs. R-12
- Provides similar to slightly lower energy efficiency vs. R-12
- Lower discharge temperature vs. R-12
For R-12 automotive air conditioning systems, Freon™ MO49Plus™ is compatible with mineral oil in existing R-12 systems. In most cases, no change of lubricant type during retrofit is needed.
For R-12 stationary medium-temperature refrigeration and air conditioning systems, Freon™ MO49Plus™ is compatible with traditional and new lubricants – mineral oil, alkylbenzene, and polyol ester. In most cases, no change of lubricant type during retrofit is needed. Refer to Freon™ MO49Plus™ Retrofit Guidelines for more details.