Freon™ 39TC™ is one of the leading, non-ozone-depleting HFC retrofit refrigerants for R-12 in centrifugal chillers.
» Freon™ 39TC™ Case Histories
Centrifugal chillers designed for R-12
- Provides efficient and cost-effective retrofits
- Non-ozone-depleting HFC retrofit refrigerants
- Retrofit typically requires a single lubricant change to polyol ester without additional flushing
- Avoids expensive engineering changes to existing chiller equipment
- Enables cost-effective, continued use of existing chiller equipment
- Provides required cooling capacity and comparable energy efficiency vs. R-12
- Similar discharge temperature and pressure vs. R-12
For most systems, only one lubricant change to polyol ester during retrofit is required. Freon™ 39TC™ tolerates high residual levels of mineral oil in polyol ester; therefore, no system flushing is generally required after changing the original lubricant to polyol ester. See Freon™ 39TC™ retrofit guidelines for more details.