Krytox® Fluorinated Oils Help Solve Challenging Lubrication Problems.
Krytox® oils offer a combination of properties that provide exceptional performance to help solve challenging lubrication problems. Krytox® oils combine high-temperature performance, non-flammability, and chemical inertness under a wide range of conditions.
Krytox® oils offer superior stability, lubricity and viscosity, delivering excellent lubrication and value by reducing the burdensome maintenance costs of re-lubrication, component failure and machine downtime. The remarkably long-lasting protection of Krytox® oils can increase the service life of critical components, which could give industrial manufacturers a competitive advantage.
The superior lubrication and load-carrying ability of Krytox® oils also allows them to stand up to hostile environments, protecting parts in temperatures as hot as 399 °C (750 °F) and as cold as
-75 °C (-103 °F). Specially formulated Krytox® XP anticorrosion-grade lubricants offer ultra-high performance anti-friction and anti-rust protection — protecting surfaces under high loads for reduced wear, and excellent resistance to water washout. Krytox® oils are particularly well suited for use in:
- Advanced, high-temperature automotive applications — clear and colorless, non-reactive, non-flammable, and long-lasting fluorinated synthetic oils
- Critical tolerance aerospace and military uses — safe for chemical and oxygen service; provide radiation resistance
- Oil and gas industry, both oil field and downhole uses — maintain lubrication in extreme heat, under heavy load and in harsh chemicals
- Chemical processing — non-reactive to harsh chemicals, acids, steam or moisture
- Constant boiling fluids — inert, non-reactive fluids with controlled evaporation for metal deposition release and vapor phase soldering
- Food-grade applications — NSF H1-certified for incidental food contact, high-temperature, extreme-pressure, water-resistant oils for food machinery applications
- Electric motor, filled-for-life applications — long-lasting lubrication that will not degrade in high temperatures over time
Krytox® Oils include:
- Linear oils — operating over a wide temperature range including extreme cold and heat
- Fluorescing oil — specially formulated oil for use under ultraviolet light, used to detect uniformity of an application
- General-purpose lubrication — clear and colorless, non-reactive, non-flammable and long-lasting fluorinated synthetic oils safe for 100% liquid or gaseous oxygen service
- Sintered bearing oils — non-reactive, non-flammable and long-lasting fluorinated synthetic greases safe for chemical and oxygen service; offer low evaporation and provide longer bearing life, as well as very high load-carrying capacity
- Vacuum pump fluids — non-reactive to all elastomers, plastics, most metals and process chemicals; high molecular weight; low vapor pressure; safe for oxygen systems; available with anti-rust protection