As the R-22 phaseout continues, use the service call as an opportunity to serve your customers by an AC retrofit—converting their R-22 equipment to Freon™ MO99 refrigerant, a more sustainable, non-ozone-depleting replacement.
During a service call, an AC retrofit for a condensing unit, commercial, rooftop, or residential system is an opportunity to grow your bottom line. An AC retrofit is a valuable service to your customers, particularly for:
- Systems with little or no refrigerant charge
- Systems requiring replacement of a component
- Environmentally focused customers with a desire for non-ozone-depleting refrigerants
- Customers who would prefer an AC retrofit rather than an entire system replacement
- Systems with lines buried in walls/floors that cannot be converted to R-410A
- Customers unable to afford a new R-410A system in the current economy
What do these scenarios have in common? They are all opportunities for an AC retrofit from R-22 to Freon™ MO99, the non-ozone-depleting, mineral oil compatible R-22, alternative from Chemours.
- Freon™ MO99 is a non-ozone-depleting and more sustainable solution
- Retrofitting to Freon™ MO99 now eliminates exposure to possible R-22 supply issues
- Helps avoid potential R-22 price volatility
- Eliminates risks for HCFC leak reporting/fines
- Extends useful life of equipment
- Avoids additional service call for an AC retrofit
When the system is down and the refrigerant charge is removed is the ideal opportunity to explain the clear benefits of converting your customer away from R-22.
Note: Please consult and follow the Freon™ MO99 retrofit guidelines for detailed step-by-step instructions for your AC retrofit.
Freon™ MO99 is a versatile R-22 replacement refrigerant for replacing R-22 in direct expansion (DX) air conditioning and refrigeration systems that can be easily used in an AC retrofit.
Freon™ MO99 has been specifically formulated to combine R-22 pressure-enthalpy characteristics with mineral oil compatibility in a unique refrigerant that can be used to replace R-22 over a wide range of evaporator temperatures. Freon™ MO99 is compatible with MO/AB/POE lubricants; in most cases, no change of lubricant type is required during the AC retrofit.
Based on field experience, calorimeter testing, and thermodynamic property data, Freon™ MO99 provides similar cooling capacity and energy efficiency versus R-22 in most systems, while operating at a lower compressor discharge temperature. Actual performance depends on system design and operating conditions.
Please read and follow the Freon™ MO99 retrofit guidelines.