When used as a skin care ingredient, Glypure® penetrates the skin effectively and stimulates cellular activity. It also can readjust the water percentage in the epidermis, allowing for smoother, softer and more radiant skin. What’s more, Glypure® can enhance the performance in certain topical over-the-counter and prescription applications.
Clinical data supports glycolic acid’s effectiveness as a skin care ingredient in the following products:
- Cell turnover/exfoliation products
- Skin peeling products
- Creams, serums, lotions, cleansers and toners designed to reduce the signs of aging
- Moisturizing skin creams and lotions
- Acne treatment combinations
- Skin lightening combinations
- Sunscreen combinations
- Men’s skin care
We offer a wide variety of starting point formulations using Glypure® for skin, hair, nails and men’s personal care products. These formulations are for products ranging from face creams and revitalizing peels to shampoos, conditioners, razor bump treatments and much more. To meet evolving marketplace needs, we also regularly introduce new starting point formulations.
As shown below, skin is made up of several layers: subcutaneous fat, the dermis, the epidermis and the stratum corneum. The dermis is the layer where wrinkles are formed and oil is produced. The epidermis, which forms the actual protective covering against environmental influence, renews itself every 28 days through continual reproduction of cells and lipids. The stratum corneum is the uppermost layer of the epidermis where dry skin and flaking are often problems.
Products that use Glypure® as a skin care ingredient will improve the appearance of sun damaged skin and fight skin aging by:
- Improve elasticity and firmness
- Increase the production of dermal matrix compounds
- Increase collagen synthesis
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improve skin texture
- Reveal smoother, brighter, more supple skin with less pigmentation and fewer irregularities
- Promote the cycle of skin shedding (also known as cell turnover) and re-growth