Gary Loh, Technical Service Consultant, introduced the name of the FEA-1100 molecule at the RAPRA 2010 Technical Conference.
The following points were discussed during the presentation:
- the properties and characteristics of FEA-1100 in polyurethane applications such as appliance, pour-in place, spray and polyisocyanurate board stock
- a six-month stability testing in polyether and polyester systems
- an update on recent toxicity evaluation
- material compatibility with typical process materials (metals, gaskets, etc.) and materials used in appliances (HIPS, ABS, etc.)
- properties (particularly insulation performance) of foams made with FEA-1100 and blends of FEA-1100 with hydrocarbons and HFCs